June 6 2018
Rosewood Bermuda Announces New Children’s Program — Rosewood Explorers
Rosewood Bermuda’s exclusive programming immerses children in Bermuda’s rich heritage and natural surroundings
Upon reopening, Rosewood Bermuda will introduce Rosewood Explorers, a children’s program designed to inspire creativity and a passion for learning through fun and adventure. Through a series of immersive workshops, classes and journeys, Rosewood Bermuda’s Explorers will introduce young guests to the island’s verdant natural surroundings and rich cultural heritage, while teaching the importance of contributing to the global environment, inspiring appreciation for different cultures, and sparking a lifelong passion for travel.
Complimentary for children ages three to eight years old staying at Rosewood Bermuda, the program will include hands-on activities to introduce children to Bermuda’s unique culture, history, and habitat, from cultural arts and crafts and cooking lessons to outdoor excursions. The Rosewood Explorers program will complement the resort’s refreshed kid’s club and children’s pool that will also debut this May as part of the resort’s comprehensive transformation.
“We look forward to introducing our younger guests to the beauty and heritage of our island paradise through Rosewood Explorers,” said Paul Telford, managing director of Rosewood Bermuda. “Our collection of hands-on activities and immersive adventures are designed to create lasting memories while instilling an appreciation for the island’s stunning surroundings and the local Bermudian culture.”
In keeping with Rosewood’s A Sense of Place® philosophy, the Explorers program at Rosewood Bermuda will tap into the island’s local environment and heritage. These activities will be offered across four different types of experiences based on different points of interest. The experiences will include:
Experience 1 – Environment & Sustainability
Conservation and sustainability lie at the heart of Rosewood Bermuda and in turn have become a key focus of the hotel’s Rosewood Explorers program. Hands-on learning experiences will teach children about Rosewood Bermuda’s diverse eco-system while educating them on ways to reduce negative impacts on the Earth. Guided eco-nature walks, on-property cave explorations and beach excursions will introduce kids to Bermuda’s flora, fauna and native species and teach them how the resort takes part in preserving the island’s natural habitat.
Experience 2 – Cultural Awareness
For artists-in-the-making, a series of arts and crafts workshops will allow them to express themselves in a creative and fun way while introducing them to the artistic and cultural heritage of Bermuda. Children will be introduced to traditional Bermudian games and pastimes, including crafting traditional Bermudian kites, creating authentic Gombey hand-painted masks and painting an interactive map of Bermuda.
Budding chefs will enjoy cooking classes that will introduce them to the local flavors and cooking traditions of Bermuda. Kids will make fresh smoothies using seasonal, local fruits indigenous to the island, as well as other snacks and treats such as healthy mocktails that will utilize hand-pressed juices and local herbs sourced from nearby gardens.
Experience 3 – Education
After days full of exploration and discovery, children can relax at the Rosewood Explorers kids club where they can get lost in books on the culture and history of Bermuda, enjoy story time or watch a movie on the history of Bermuda’s many forts. Fun beachside yoga and meditation will also be offered to teach children about self-care, empowerment and self-confidence.
Experience 4 – Great Outdoors
Rosewood Bermuda’s stunning grounds serve as a natural playground where children can indulge their innate curiosities through exploration and discovery. Through guided beach tours, coffee chine nature walks and cave explorations, children will be encouraged to uncover Bermuda’s verdant natural surroundings. Children can also learn about the island’s native wildlife through discovery bird-watching explorations, duck sighting adventures and chicken and fish feeding expeditions.
Experience 5 – Indoor Fun
The newly refreshed kid’s club will act as a hideaway where kids can expand their imaginations and blow off steam all while building lasting friendships. At the club, kids can partake variety of local play and cultural activities such as learning traditional Gombey dances set to sounds of native drums and playing traditional Bermudian instruments.
Rosewood Bermuda’s older guests, ages seven and up, are invited to experience Rosewood Bermuda through specially-created excursions designed by Hidden Gems of Bermuda to excite and educate this age group. The menu of exclusive excursions includes:
– Tom’s Moore Jungle & Blue Hill Excursion: For those looking to experience the stunning natural habitat of Bermuda, this exclusive excursion will take them to the island’s only jungle where they can explore one of the world’s most intricate caving systems followed by cliff diving at the famous Blue Hole Hill.
– Cooper’s Island Nature Reserve: Teens will venture to Cooper’s Island Nature Reserve where they can hike to the property’s highest peak for unrivaled views of beach below before exploring one of the island’s premier snorkeling locations where they can swim alongside vibrant fish and unique sea creatures.
– Fort Hamilton: This immersive historical expedition will bring teens to Fort Hamilton for an expertly guided tour of the historic fortress and its lush grounds, which are home to some of the island’s most precious native plants.
– The Southlands Estate: Those looking to learn more about the cultural history of the island can enjoy traveling to the parish of Warwick to the vast Southlands Estate to uncover the serene garden pools, limestone quarries and the island’s largest banyan grove.
– Rosewood Bermuda Property Excursion: Guests will join a guide with roots tying back to Rosewood Bermuda as they explore the stunning property and uncover its hidden gems including the tranquil coffee chine, Hillside Tower, which offers unmatched views of the resort grounds, Yellowwood Encounter and the property’s own intricate caves.
The property also invites active teens, ages nine to sixteen, to participate in tennis and golf camps which are expertly-created by the property’s knowledgeable pros. These camps include:
– Junior Tennis Academy: While on the island that introduced tennis to the United States, kids can get an authentic lesson from one of the resort’s tennis pros.
– Junior Golf Academy: Teens of all skill levels will be able to join Rosewood Bermuda’s golf pros on the award-winning course for a personalized and fun golf camp that will provide them with a better understanding of the game and a solid foundation of skills.
Rosewood Explorers allows parents to truly relax during their Bermudian holiday, knowing that their children are having an unparalleled educational experience. About Rosewood Bermuda:
Rosewood Bermuda is a renowned residential and resort community with breath-taking vistas of Castle Harbour, Harrington Sound and the Atlantic Ocean. Opened in 2009 as Rosewood Tucker’s Point, the property is one of Bermuda’s premier luxury resorts and was the island’s first-ever property to offer a fractional ownership club in addition to whole ownership homes. Rosewood Bermuda temporarily closed January 2, 2018, for a comprehensive renovation that will include a complete refresh of the resort’s guestrooms, new and elevated food and beverage outlets, expanded meeting spaces, and enhancements to Sense, A Rosewood Spa ®, the Beach Club and the Golf Clubhouse. Upon reopening, the landmark property will debut as Rosewood Bermuda and will offer guests, homeowners and members new opportunities to relax, unwind and immerse themselves in the local culture.
Visit https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/bermuda for additional information or follow the latest news through the hotel’s social media channels on Twitter & Instagram @RWBermuda or on facebook.com/rosewoodbermuda.